What you need to do is:
- Be a breast cancer survivor.
- Have completed all treatment, preferably at least six months prior to the beginning of the paddling season (late March to early July).
- Be able to resume an aerobic and strength-training program four months prior to the beginning of the paddling season in consultation with your physician.
- Commit to following AIAB’s fitness program.
- Commit to attending two practices per week during the paddling season from late March to early July.
Abreast In A Boat is a registered charity run by breast cancer survivors for breast cancer survivors — we understand what you’re going through. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Novice Liaison, Rena Newton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend everyone interested attend an information meeting for our novices.
Mark the date:
Our novice meeting will be held Sunday, January 12, 2020, at the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West, 3677 Kensington Avenue in Burnaby. At this meeting you will learn all about Abreast In A Boat — the training required, the venues available, the coaches, the costs involved and what gear you may need as well as the opportunity to ask questions.
See you there! And Paddles Up!